Sunday, December 25, 2011

My journey and old habits

Well I recently realized that I really have been on my journey a year now.  I started to go to synagogue because I wanted to a year ago....went to the Shabbat Chanukah service in 2010 and here it is Chanukah 2011. I knew that this journey would happen but after my trip to Israel this summer I knew my journey had to happen and needed to happen. 

The one thing I realized with today being christmas is that old habits die hard!  It was weird to not have a tree this year and not to do way to much shopping for friends and family and the hardest of all not to have this elaborate meal that you would spend a whole day cooking to the point you were too tired to sit down and enjoy it!  It is how I have always done it and I thought this morning that I need to cook and then realized no I don't.  So here I am watching movies and doing laundry like it is just a normal day and it is for me now.  I have really enjoyed Chanukah this year it has more meaning since I have learned the reasons behind it.

So in the Jewish traditions on christmas eve I went to see a movie but did not go have chinese food!  Off to a friends house to hang out and then home for another movie!  Shavua Tov to all

No comments:

Post a Comment