Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mikvah

Well this morning was the final aspect of my conversion, the mikvah.  It is not a requirement for a reform conversion so technically I was Jewish but it is a requirement of my sponsoring Rabbi.  Today was really not a big deal from one aspect it was just finishing up. 

The mikvah  is used for ritual purity.  I wish that the mikvah was open when I had my conversion because I think it would have had more meaning for me after the beit den and being declared a Jew to then finish in the mikvah.  Things don't always work out that way but it is all good.

I can say now that except for three entries I still have to write for my rabbi the actual process of conversion is finished for me.  Now to just enjoy the new aspect of my life, live like a Jew and never stop learning and helping.  I think that is the best blessing anyone could ever want.  Now my blog will turn from my process of conversion to what i am doing in  my life to live like a Jew and then onto my aliyah process for my move to Israel.  It is going to be busy and stressful few years winding everything down here and preparing to get on a plane and start a completely new life.  It will be wonderful to fulfill my life long dream of moving to Israel even though I didnt know it was my dream until my first visit there in 2011. 


No comments:

Post a Comment